Cricket World Cup fever is on and we’re supporting our Men in Blue! We’ve got a quick and easy recipe for a match time snack to munch on with your drinks (or without drinks). Trust us, your friends are going to be raving about this dish whenever they think about “THAT” day.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Sweet Corn- 2 Cups
- Corn Flour- 3 Tbsp
- Spring Onion- 1
- Yellow Pepper- 1/2
- Green Pepper- 1/2
- Lemon- 1
- Chilli Powder- 1 Tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 Tsp
- Chaat Masala- 1 Tsp
- Salt- As per taste
1. Boil 2 cups of sweet corn in water. Add a pinch of salt to the water.
2. Strain the water out once the corn is ready and keep them in a wide bowl.
3. Add 3 tbsp of corn flour and a pinch of salt to the corn.
4. Heat oil in pan and when the oil turns hot, drop one corn kernel and check.
5. Add one batch of the coated corn into the oil and let it fry.
6. When the corn turns crunchy, remove it onto a plate and repeat step 5 for the next batch. Keep aside the fried crispy corn.
7. In another pan, heat oil and add 1 finely cut spring onion, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 green pepper and stir fry.
8. Add the crispy corn into the pan.
9. Add 1 Tsp salt, 1 Tsp chilli powder, 1 Tsp cumin powder, 1 Tsp chaat masala and sauté the mixture.
10. Garnish with coriander and lemon.
Your Crispy Corn is ready to serve!
If there’s one dish to represent Mumbai food then it has to be Vada Pav. The best on the go food which perfectly describes the fast lifestyle of Mumbaikars. With the latest trend of fusion food going on everywhere we thought of bringing a twist to our beloved Vada Pav. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for Maggi Vada Pav.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- Masala Maggi – 2 Packets
- Besan/ Gram flour- 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt- 1/2 Tsp
- Baking powder- 1 Tsp
- Pav/ Buns- 4
- Prepare Masala Maggi and boil out all the water or strain the excess water.
- Refrigerate Maggi until we prepare the rest.
- In a separate bowl add 1 cup besan.
- Add 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder, 1/2 Tsp Salt and 1 Tsp Baking powder to the Besan.
- Add half cup water and mix.
- Mix until you get a semi thick consistency. Make sure there are no chunks of besan in the batter.
- Remove the refrigerated Maggi and roll them up on your palms to make small to medium balls.
- Dip these Maggi balls into the besan batter one at a time and coat them evenly.
- Gently drop these Besan coated Maggi balls into medium hot oil.
- Deep fry the Maggi balls until they turn golden brown.
- Drain them on kitchen paper towels.
- Slice the Pavs and place the Maggi Vada between them.
- Serve hot and enjoy!