If there’s one dish to represent Mumbai food then it has to be Vada Pav. The best on the go food which perfectly describes the fast lifestyle of Mumbaikars. With the latest trend of fusion food going on everywhere we thought of bringing a twist to our beloved Vada Pav. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for Maggi Vada Pav.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- Masala Maggi – 2 Packets
- Besan/ Gram flour- 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt- 1/2 Tsp
- Baking powder- 1 Tsp
- Pav/ Buns- 4
- Prepare Masala Maggi and boil out all the water or strain the excess water.
- Refrigerate Maggi until we prepare the rest.
- In a separate bowl add 1 cup besan.
- Add 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder, 1/2 Tsp Salt and 1 Tsp Baking powder to the Besan.
- Add half cup water and mix.
- Mix until you get a semi thick consistency. Make sure there are no chunks of besan in the batter.
- Remove the refrigerated Maggi and roll them up on your palms to make small to medium balls.
- Dip these Maggi balls into the besan batter one at a time and coat them evenly.
- Gently drop these Besan coated Maggi balls into medium hot oil.
- Deep fry the Maggi balls until they turn golden brown.
- Drain them on kitchen paper towels.
- Slice the Pavs and place the Maggi Vada between them.
- Serve hot and enjoy!